|European Project Applications
DEP participates and occasionally leads applications for EU funding for multi-partner projects under Interreg, Progress, ESF, Daphne, Leonardo and other project funding lines.
Actions in 2008-10
- SeniorForce: Application to DG Employment on Mobility for Older Workers approved in December 2007. Called SeniorForce it was led by the employment services of Aarhus (DK), with partners DEP, Krakow, Budapest, Helsinki and Athens. In Dublin, the SeniorForce consortium consisted of DEP working with Age Action Ireland, Manpower, Dublin City Council, Larkin Centre, Partas and FAS/EURES. The project completed in 2009.
- Innopunkt: Project (under the EU initiative “Progress”) was approved in 2007 and implemented in 2008. It focused on good practice in upskilling low-qualified young workers. Workshops held in Dublin and Berlin.
- DAPHNE: Application under DAPHNE on Human Trafficking approved 2008 and rolled out in 2008-2010 as Dignity: A multi-agency response to supporting victims of trafficking to the sex industry.
- Leonardo: Three Leonardo projects submitted for approval in 2008-09 on JobRotation, Local Employment Services and Enterprise initiatives. One project – SHARE – was approved and rolled out in 2009-2010.
- Unsuccessful project applications: Applications were prepared and submitted under Interreg IVb (Valencia leaders), URBACT (Madrid leaders), GRUNDTVIG (Warsaw leaders) and Leonardo (Lifelong Learning) with MetropolisNet partners. These applications involved proposed activities under the themes of regional enterprise development, employment services and other areas.